Friday, January 23, 2009

Winter sunset


Winter sunset
Originally uploaded by jhhymas
I wish I had a picture of sunrise, the emblem of hope. But I am usually not up that early. In California I am positioned to get better sunsets, and in Michigan I get better sunrises. So this was one on December 11, 2008 and still during the Bush administration. Today's actions by our federal government folk have been very encouraging. And at this point in my life, I feel like I have been here before. In Hope City. Things are so complex and inter-related. Enough whining.
On the New Yorker that came today, Obama looks like George Washington. Remember when John Kennedy started that magazine called George? And GW was on the first cover. My mother was a charter subscriber, and felt very au courant about that. And today, Caroline is back in the news. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment