Friday, November 02, 2012

Morning Mist in the Sierras


Day before yesterday I read on Catherine's blog about November being blog every day month. I remembered that I planned to do that last year in November, and how that plan came to naught. So I thought this was the year I would do it, come what may. There is a link to her blog and to the group blog that I will put here later. It so happened that the first day of  November I was visiting my son's family with his five children under the age of eight. My husband was baking them one of his famous apple pies without his customary equipment and kept asking for help. Then I was tending grandchildren while my daughter-in-law cleaned up the school after the Fall Festival, and got rid of the cornstalks. Actually there wasn't time to set up my laptop and blog. So here we are on Day Two. First Blog.
First is the view from my son's porch into the misty Sierra pines. Now I am in a motel in Winnemucca on the way to Eagle, Idaho--where my other son lives, and we have a retirement house across the street. I think we are pretty close to having to stay there, car trips being what they are. With three dachshunds, which stay in a kennel because Sierra son is allergic to them. The trees are turning yellow along the Nevada Highway.
Election Day is almost here; a relief from all the lies on commercials I have seen in the last week while we watched the Sacramento TV stations.


No comments:

Post a Comment