Monday, July 16, 2007

Morning Mist


PICT0148
Originally uploaded by jhhymas
Mist int the meadow this morning. An oriole at the feeder; our first one!

All day I've been reading about Virginia Woolf.in Hermione Lee's excellent biography. VW was born just two years after my Grandma Susie. She lived through such immense changes, and pretty much created herself without going to school. My grandmother was one of the first graduates from the Juarez Academy, a school in the Mexican Mormon Colonies. All of her seven children went to college and I think they all graduated. I'm not sure about my Uncle Merwin, who was in World War II and fought on Okinawa.
I find when I talk to people that they don't often know much about their grandparents. I know some things and wish I knew more.

No comments:

Post a Comment