Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Lemonade


Lemonade
Originally uploaded by jhhymas
This is one of my favorite pictures of my younger son's new family. This baby started kindergarten a few days ago. Time really moving fast, seems faster all the time. Yesterday she called me up to wish me a happy birthday.
We did our second session of the senior chair exercises today, developed by the Arthritis Foundation. (I didn't have time to take any pictures. Smile.) Two pound weights, a foam ball and stretchy rubber tubing. It's amazing how much work these simple exercises are. We do eight reps of each one. People who have pain aren't supposed keep doing things that make it hurt. I can do everything, but the one where you walk your foot up the inside of your leg to your knee is surprisingly hard for me. There will be sixteen sessions; then you are supposed to have learned the exercises and can carry them on alone. We shall see. I can see how many of them will help with flexibility and strength. For the first five or ten minutes of each session I am CRAZY with boredom--I would do anything for a secret escape. Then slowly, I get with it, and soon there are only five or ten minutes of the 45-minute session left. Each time, I am surprised at the violence of the boredom. It hits me like the proverbial ton of bricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment