Saturday, January 01, 2011

Of course it is all melted now


This view of the West Meadow was taken on December 13 after the wind blew wet snow against trees all night. We got more snow after that, but the last couple of nights brought warm rains and the snow has mostly melted now. And 2010 has also melted away and I have become an irregular and irresponsible blogger. Here's a fresh start. Hello, June and Joann and anybody else who might still be sticking with me!
My planned project for 2011 is to put up a lot of the passages in the books I have been reading through the summer and fall.
Here's the first one -- I found it today when I looked up William Styron in Wikipedia. Turns out this quote is already ALL OVER the web. Perhaps the excellence of Google is a little too much of a good thing.

"I felt myself no longer a husk but a body with some of the body's sweet juices stirring again. I had my first dream in many months, confused but to this day imperishable, with a flute in it somewhere, and a wild goose, and a dancing girl." This is from Darkness Visible, his memoir about his severe depression.
For this New Year, may you have great dreams. Like this one, each dream should have music, the natural world and maybe a little sex.
Good night! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Posted by Picasa