Saturday, August 06, 2011

Perfect afternoon in the shade


This afternoon on the shady terrace was perfect for making color charts with a new set of 60 Albrecht Durer Watercolour Pencils
I got from Amazon. It was interesting to see how tricky it was to make matching squares to fill with each color, pressing hard and stroking the paper softly with each color. This is the top of the set--I'll put up the lower tier tomorrow. I was delighted with the strength of the colored leads and also the soft buttery feel of the application of colors. Only one color and the black was a little crumbly. I suppose these slight differences in handling are due to the pigments. I haven't tried wetting them yet, but I have seen lots of demonstrations of their use by Cathy/Kate Johnson who is a big fan. Today I read a book about doing something creative every day for a year. To judge by my neglect of my blog, might not be for me. But tempting, nonetheless.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment