Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tonight, the moon with my granddaughter


We spent a long time together watching the moon rise through the Ponderosa pines of the Sierras. I did hear three mosquitoes, but none tried to land. The air was balmy, even at night, because the weather is just a little too warm, really.

While we watched and listened for the bear and mountain lion rumored to be nearby, she went through a lot of old photos, picture notes and app-modified photographs that have piled up in my iPad Three. Which I haven't used much lately. It was like living history of our other visits. I don't know when I have spent a more enjoyable couple of hours.

She also taught herself how to use a sky app and located some named stars. Spend as much time as you can with your children and grandchildren . From this end, I can see how fleeting are these moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment