Friday, May 04, 2007

The great pine at Matsuyama Castle


The great pine at the Castle
Originally uploaded by jhhymas.
One thing I noticed in Japan is that almost all trees, even street trees are shaped. This beautiful tree is an example.
Today I went to a retirement party for a dear friend that I worked with for manhy years. We were part of a county system of community libraries. Many people I worked with were there, several of them I had not seem since I retired 6 years ago. It was wonderful to see them and sad to think that I am no longer just starting out with things to accomplish. I get to look back at the good, the bad, and the never-completed. I think we should try to shape our lives so they could be as graceful as trees. But it would involve difficult decisions that we don't know enough to make at the time we need to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment