Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dance on Christmas Eve


Dance on Christmas Eve
Originally uploaded by jhhymas
And now it is New Year's Eve, time for making resolutions. Another fresh start, which--since I fell off this blog three weeks ago--I am in sore need of. We had a great time with the girl grandchildren on a visit to their place for several days. Now we are back and unpacked and I have brought order from disorder, in the main rooms at least.
I got stuck when trying to decide whether to finish the story of Miss Bianca, tell about the Bike Build of Turning Wheels for Kids that I went to on December 13th, or tell you about a recently found Robert Bly poem, or a list of poetic qualities by Marvin Bell I discovered in an outdated book I was throwing out--and ripped therefrom. If you can stick it out, I will return to all of these, but it will have to be in 2009.
In November of 1999 I retired, and the most of the resolutions made at that time are still far from complete. But I have been having a lot of fun, and this blog has been a big part of it. Apologies for the long absence, and HAPPY NEW YEAR. I'll be back, and plan to make this the first year with more than 300 posts. It should be a good year for both Photography and Poetry!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. I have missed your posts, but it is nice to see you back with the promise of 300 posts to look forward to in 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I know people are reading it, it is a bigger responsibility! The last two years I have done 199 and 100 posts. The first seven months I did 94, so that's about what I have managed. But I have so many interesting things I want to write and think about that I am sure I can ramp it up! Thanks for the encouragement! June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, glad you are back. I was starting to get a little worried. I thought maybe something had happened to you on vacation. Did you read that I ended up in the Disney Hospital for three days with a bad case of gastroenitis? I'll spare you the details but let me say that Disney knows how to build and run a hospital.
    Anyway, 2009 is here and a new administration is just 19 days away so there will be lots to blog about.

    By the way that's a cute little girl in the photo.
    Joann

    ReplyDelete