Thursday, April 09, 2009

This is the other old photo and the poems . . ..

mentioned in the post below.
In the photo, my grandson who is just finishing college is reading a book to his younger brother who is now a missionary. So, here's another old slice of Only Yesterday, and Long Ago.
Tonight I went to a poetry reading celebrating National Poetry Month. (All month, every April.)
For two hours, more than 30 people each read a poem by a favorite poet, and a poem of their own composition. Six of the seven women in my poetry writing circle came and we went for coffee afterwards in a very noisy hard-surface cafe with echoes. My new hearing aids made it worse. Tomorrow, I'll post the poem I read by my favorite, Tomas Transtromer.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me about poetry month! I'll have to look for readings...

    ReplyDelete