Sunday, August 16, 2009

I always planned to (but never managed to) take my grandsons to a powwow of the local group of Odawa/Ottawa Indians. Their father belonged to this group of Michigan Indians. He died when the boys were very small. So today S and I went by ourselves. The tribal policeman who was supervising the parking saw S's cane and had us park closer to the action. We appreciated that thoughfulness. It was a beautiful day, bright and sunny, but really too hot to dance in heavy costumes. The regalia was varied and many of the outfits were truly spectacular!
This boy was a good dancer, and he seemed to enjoy it very much. Of all the pictures I took, this is my favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is really beautiful - I love the photographs! Also, thank you for posting your age - I am turning 60 and love meeting women artists over 50! I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete