Thursday, January 10, 2008

Center


Center
Originally uploaded by jhhymas

Longing for the beautiful flowers of spring and early summer during the cold and gloomy short days.

suncast shadow
on pink petals
screech of a scrub jay

Just watched Simon Shama talking about Rembrant, about whom he knows as much as anybody. Gorgeous views and closeups of the paintings--I just wish we could have seen more. I keep saying I cannot waste any more of my remaining time watching television, and then I see something like this.

Today we began our Solving Print Problems Class, the printmaking class that goes wherever you want it to go. Endlessly fascinating, and a continual reminder of Cannot Draw and Usually Doesn't Even Try. I'm trying not to give up before starting, but as Scarlett said, "After all, tomorrow is another day."



No comments:

Post a Comment