Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sepia oak structure


DSCN0536up
Originally uploaded by jhhymas
More from the birdwalk. I love the twiggy grace of these oaks.

Yesterday we went to services for an aunt who lived 100 years and 25 days. She was the youngest of eleven children and the only surviving member of her family. She only had one child, but 5 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren. Not bad, from a standing start!

When people die, I always wish I had asked them more about the past. I tried with my grandmother, born in 1880, but she didn't want to talk about how they did the washing when they lived in Mexico, and I found it hard to long maintain my interest in the lime and lavendar gloves and purses she had to match her Sunday outfits.

America! God shed his grace on thee . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment