Sunday, April 20, 2008

Teapot and Juliette


Teapot
Originally uploaded by jhhymas
Here's the charcoal teapot from the drawing class. It's rather an insouciant little ceramic, I think. I am still working on the promised diagram of proportions for the human body.
This afternoon, Placido Domingo conducted Gounod's Opera Romeo and Juliette. Anna Netrebko was Juliette. The production had a lot of striking tableaux, a turntable zodiac and gorgeous costumes, and the music was very beautiful. Domingo looks older than when I last saw him--he is such a consummate musician! I wasn't planning to watch afternoon TV, but there you are. . .

1 comment:

  1. I love your work. It gives me a pleasant feeling when I look at it. Also, I've always been drawn to tea pots.

    I took a look at your profile, and like you, I am a Virgo. Although, I am 13-years-old and born the year of the dog.

    ReplyDelete