Saturday, May 24, 2008

Emu in sepias


Emu in sepias
Originally uploaded by jhhymas
Emu rules! The hair look is astounding, as is the regal glare, I snap a few every time we take our dachshunds to the kennel near our son's home. I did a very slight fiddle on this one and I like how it came out. For some reason it reminds me of Toulouse-Lautrec's poster of Jane Avril. I'll have to figure out why. The colors? The personality? The trouble with these fiddles is that the first one is always the most interesting and when I try to make a similar one, it doesn't turn out as well.
Only three more days until I have to fly away for Greece. My suitcase will weigh just about 30 pounds if I don't bring the folding stool, which is quite hard for me to use. Then I have a backpack with two cameras and a few other things, including some spares if my luggage is lost. (Shoes, underwear, toothbrush and T-shirt, contact lenses and spare glasses.) And an adjustable pillow filled with those little plastic beads. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment