Sunday, August 06, 2006

Another road trip coming up


Saint Saens Organ Symphony
Originally uploaded by jhhymas.
We are still hoping to make one this summer. It's looking good for the end of this month. More repairs done today: dryer vent, mailbox and retainer board in the front yard.
I've been thinking about poetry and the writing process. Here is something that Brenda Hillman said after a reading at Black Oak Books several years ago.

"What starts a poem is a tension
a sort of generalized ganglion of wierdness . . ."
I wrote it down at once!

Mr. Van Vranken taught me about the ganglion in high school science class. I have often wished I had ever told him how much I learned in those classes. He was a very good teacher and I rarely encountered any better ones later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment