Monday, August 21, 2006

Her delicate grace


Her delicate grace
Originally uploaded by jhhymas.
She came from Indonesia. If I had seen one like her in Bali, I would have wanted to buy her and carry her home.
It's been a busy week. Every day I empty out a few shelves in the kitchen. I have found a crystal dish that was a wedding present 51 years ago and many other forgotten wonders.
Tonight we put together the anthology of haiku poems our Yuki Teikei Haiku Society publishes every year. We designed a black and white cover with purple end pages stamped with a copper spiral inside the front. It's very handsome. So that was fun.
I guess we will get to make our trip after all; we plan to leave on Saturday. It's after midnight and very quiet, a nice quiet, surprisingly, softly quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment