Saturday, August 12, 2006

The lion sleeps tonight


The lion sleeps tonight
Originally uploaded by jhhymas.
Ah, weem o weh . . . I have no idea how they spelled that.
I've been playing with today's sun on hydrangea leaves. And that took me to the quiet jungle, where the lion sleeps.
Tonight we initiated the new press in the new Studio with a few monotypes. It's a beautiful press, a Whelan. Smooth and easy to print with. I'll be spending a lot of time there. I have to think about what I would like to work on and whether I want to print on whole or half sheets or continue to work on some of the partly finished monotypes I have left from the classes. I know I want to do some chine colle and work with Japanese papers. I'd also like to print some more copies of the small plates I made in the etching class. The weather is getting a little too warm again. How are you? I am fine. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment