Monday, September 15, 2008

At the Brutus Deli, Brutus, Michigan

This is the mug they served my husband's coffee in Saturday morning when we went to the Brutus Deli (Brutus, Michigan) for blueberry pancakes after a beach walk. It reminds me of my childhood, when bubble gum was a very popular item. In about 1943 or1944, kids from my grade school would form a long line to buy TWO pieces of the severely rationed stuff. Some kid entrepreneurs would then re-sell for higher prices.
And where were you in World War Two???
It doesn't seem that long ago really, although most people you meet now weren't even born then.
I started two new notebooks today, a small Moleskine for my purse and a larger (book-sized) lavendar colored blank book which has enough room to revise haiku as I am working on them. I like to number the pages when I begin a new book and then paste the season word lists on the inside front covers of the haiku workbook. Then I leave a title page and a page or two for a table of contents to fill in as I go. The last few pages are for lists of reminders, contact or web site information, titles of books and music I want to get and questions to look up answers for. It works fairly well for me. But I am having a much harder time integrating much drawing or sketching into this established system and may have to keep another notebook for that. I hope not. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Hi June!
    Thanks for stopping by at my blog. Your comments mean so much to me. I have bookmarked your blogs and look forward to enjoying perusal of your work. I'm a former Michigander!

    ReplyDelete