Thursday, January 03, 2013

Spring sky in the pond at Waldron Fen last April


It is pretty cold here in Eagle, Idaho. I am hoping to get back to these woodlands in Michigan next summer. Naturally I have left blogging until the last half hour of this day, but I would hate to fail my self-imposed challenge so soon. I did start North of Jamaica and it is just the sort of book I like, an erudite, personal--filled with good stories--autobiography. In the first hour of reading we get glimpses of life in Jamaica (where he was born and grew,) thoughts on colonialism and the uses of boarding school to create the colonial mentality. Also, an Anansi/Annansy story from Africa as related by the house boy. Plus his father's odd boat-building and the mysterious separation of his parents which was never discussed with him. And so forth. I'm in love.
I got a jolt last night when I heard from Donnalynn about the second year of the Make 15 pieces of art in the first 15 days of the year challenge.
Follow the link for last years instructions. I am thinking of a personal modification: 15 pieces of art in the first month.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment