Sunday, October 14, 2007

Browse


Browse
Originally uploaded by jhhymas
This is a pack goat with a light demo load. I've used the buZZ filter on this in Photoshop to simplify it. I still would like to have been a painter, but it would take away too much time from reading.
Today I read Crossing the Yard; thirty years as a prison volunteer. This is more of my Richard Shelton project--he's been teaching poetry workshops in various Arizona prisons since 1971 or so.
I thought the book was very good and gave an overview of the increase in the prison populations, as well as all the problems of housing so many prisoners. It is a very hard thing to think about--obvious how many problems there are with what we are doing and how things are getting worse all the time. With no realistic or probable solutions in sight, it seems to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment