Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Corn Tassel Maiden


Corn Tassel Maiden
Originally uploaded by jhhymas

She hides in the cornstalk under the tassel. Of course, he is chasing her. I don't remember the rest of the story. These tassels are in my daughter's garden. Corn is a very striking plant, I think. I should try to draw one, just one. Singly, the leaves can look like arms expressing emotion.

We are having ears of corn for dinner every night in this best time garden of year, except for this year's strange failure of the tomatoes. Cassie (dachshund) caught a whiff of the bunny or the chipmunk and tried to spend all day in the northeast corner of the fence, willing the prey to appear. She seizes the chainlink in her teeth and yanks. We spent extra to get the vinyl-covered chainlink, and the result is that she can get a better tooth-grip. She's bent the fence quite severely. We can't let her play long in the yard. I know this is a dumb post, but I guess that's part of the process. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment