Thursday, February 07, 2013

At Asilomar; the long strand of kelp, the dawn light on the water


A day of Ultrasound, Biopsy and Bone Density scan. I am always thinking as I have these expensive and perhaps unnecessary procedures done: I wonder how much of this I would do if I had to pay for it?? It isn't exactly news that people in their 70s and 80s are not as they once were. When almost every woman you know is on some dosage of thyroid, is it a fad?
Really necessary? Harmful?
Heaven Only Knows--I think they made a movie called that once.

Our doctor is able to make a separate Medicare Charge for his Obesity Counseling. Heaven does know we need it, and they can only charge for it once a year. Without computers we could not keep track well enough to do this, but I don't really WANT to give up my computer. Not really. Using it now.

New Year's Resolutions must work, I am now making the 38th post on the 38th day of the year. Next: obesity control???
I just finished Kindling Pat Conroy's book, My Reading Life. I enjoyed it tremendously for its humor, spirited telling-it-as-I-see-it, and wonderful defense of the importance of writing and writers. It makes me want to be a better person and to write harder.  Good night.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment